Thursday, June 30, 2022

Salome, Sampling

My Covid test today matched Deb's and is very slightly positive, a barely visible line. I feel well, but will remain in my room until my test is competely clear. By chance, the O.N.S. survey will test me tomorrow with a more accurate polymerase chain-reaction test.

A full day of practising the piano music for the Salome event. Going over sheet music like this is fairly new to me. I've managed to play about 8 of the 12 pieces today, each varying in complexity. I feel the urge to play too quickly.

After that some sampling of the MODX waves. I've discovered that I've left the filter active, so the waves I've sampled so far have a low pass filter applied, although it was/is very high, which is why I didn't notice. I've sampled two violins, so many good strings on this keyboard, so much to sample.