Sunday, June 19, 2022

Descartes, and Two Rehearsals

A busy and tiring day. Started by tracing the first stage for transferring the Descartes underdrawing to the canvas, then toned the canvas. This came out uneven because the paint dried just a little too fast on this warm and dry day. I've adjusted my procedures to address this. My art procedures and lists of what to do, I don't rely on memory.

Then Deb came round to rehearse for the Midsummer Music Picnic, certainly out best show to date. Our music is becoming more melodice and regimented, but there is room for freedom too. Deb is exposed to Covid at work, which is a worry. I hope we can both remain clear to perform. After a run-through of the new tracks, a full recorded rehearsal, and then changes to make, new instruments to tweak and settings to note.

Then an attendance at my first Zoom Meeting, my first ever video-type call, months or years after thousands of people have done this during the pandemic. I bought a web-cam only a couple of months ago for a video-based application which didn't occur, so now I at least had the ability. Today's Zoom event was another rehearsal, for the virtual opening event of the 'Society for Art of Imagination' preview, which takes place next Sunday at 1pm EST.

Now past 9pm and I'm still finalising the Midsummer Music plan. We will be adding lots of fun and strange audience interactions...