Thursday, February 01, 2024

Cycles III Single, American Lawyer Production

A slow and tired day yesterday. I wok later at 9:30 after a long sleep and spent the day feeling unproductive. I completed my monthly back-ups a day early, and worked on a new arrangement of the blues song 'Pictures on my Telephone' but all in minor keys to transform it. I rather like the idea of recording it twice, once minor, once major. I keep hearing Paul McCartney's shouty vocals to songs like 'Why Don't We Do It in the Road?', and can see now that the performance was influenced by Heartbreak Hotel.

Today I decided to release Cycles III as a single. I'd almost forgotten that I'd made a music video for it, such is my memory and turnover of new material. I quickly made a new cover:

Then did the basic admin and queued up the single for release on March 1st, so Cycles III: Perpetual Motion will by my 73rd music release. I have more admin to do, as with every release, but this is minimal, the music being an exact track from the album.

Then, I did more work on the photographs to print from 2023, and got started on music again. I must finalise this new album, which will be a collection of various songs in the surrealistic style, rather than directly themed. The music is certainly surrealistic in the way that Dali's paintings were. Sparks' music is the same, and much of Brian Eno's, although that ventured into Dada too, with his random cards.

I've been a little creatively lost due to work on too many things at once, so I'll focus on one track at a time. First, a really old one called American Lawyer.