Friday, February 23, 2024

Mural Plans, Gunstorm Release

Mural plans continued today, with work on the bee image. I can't continue and must now await for clearance to proceed, so at least another extra day of work on this frustratingly slow and inefficient project. To think that the Sistine Chapel ceiling was painted in four years, and this sort of time scale and level of ambition is something I am used to; yet this trivial design (one can barely call it an artwork) has now taken nearly three years, starting from the time David and I were first asked as contributing artists. Six months after the design was 'finalised' and eight weeks after the 'public consultation', I am now being asked to make more changes by unknown entities.

Those familiar with my visual art will note that this design is not anything like it and contains almost nothing of me or my art, but I have done what was requested so far and await the final request for the bee/wasp/whatever insect they want.

As you may discern, I'm still irked by this situation, but I will complete the work efficiently; no Rothko with those Seagram Murals I. I am eager to move on a little wiser.

Bee aside, the other preparations involved testing the grids and re-counting and packing the masks. All passed, so the grid-marker templates were cut in two, then stacked and packed onto lengths of wood. Each of these 48 paper strips is 80cm by 3.5cm, so are quite difficult to store neatly.

At 6pm Gunstorm was released, which meant clicking a few buttons and posting a few initial messages about the game in various internet locations.