Monday, February 12, 2024

Train Dream, Dolly, Synth Letters

A sleepless night. I dreamt of a runaway steam train, huge and old fashioned like an American Old West train. The train moved through rooms, workshops in which I was present. I knew that the train was destined to slip off the rails and crash tremendously, but for some reason I decided to jump on board, with some sort of doom-wish, or perhaps trying to engineer its repair.

In the day, a few small jobs. First, programming a new 'dolly' routine for my game engine. The current routine (as Future Pool/Future Snooker players will realise) interpolates between camera matrices, causing unusual (and rather cool) spatial distortions. The new routine interpolates between x,y,z,anglex,angley,anglez as expected. I haven't included it in Pool/Snooker, but this may be useful in future.

Then, backing up those games, followed by some design work on my synthesizer. I've stuck my name on the back in white vinyl letters, to catch the eyes of the audience at gigs, and the result looks rather brilliant. The typeface is remarkably like YAMAHA's, and a similar size. I also trimmed down the music stand.

Then, listing the new Salomé book on my website and on the Pentangel Books site. I need to publicise this more, and order copies for ourselves and the legal deposit.

It was a short day as in the afternoon Deb and I went to visit a friend.

This evening, some press work promoting the Steam Remote Play Together Sale and game updates.

My plan for the week is to notate a music album, but I don't feel motivated. I want to create art... yet I know the value of the notation. Time will be short and social during this week of Deb's holiday.