Sunday, February 04, 2024

Stone Wasp, Rock and Roll, Games

A slower day yesterday, perhaps understandable after the busy day before. I recorded a simple song, Thinking About The Cats I Used To Know. Like American Lawyer this is an idea that's years old. I played it once, a live sort of 'jam' or expression and liked it so much that I wanted to use it in a new album, but there were a few errors and each subsequent play created more. Over months and many plays of this simple tune I've been driven mad by it. Yesterday I played it two or three times again.

I heard the nice news that I've sold my Stone Wasp painting via the Macc Art Lounge. I barely feel like a painter now, but that's due to a change in seasonal priorities. I'll get back to painting at some point, it's something I love, and whenever I paint I feel it is my purpose, but I have little incentive. I have no outlets to display my work, and I have no groups or any social contact with artists; yet, this has often been the case. Art transcends the social and emotional, that is a key aspect of it. Perhaps my early years of being in an art group did add an incentive I now lack.

I've played along a few times to the Rock and Roll backing track. This is incredibly difficult. The relentless tempo of the backing track must be rigorously stuck to, so this is excellent training. I must keep at it until I can master it.

My recent programming has unexpectedly revived an interest in games, and I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to create a new game this year, primarily to generate some income. Unlike in the days when Gunstorm II was first signed off as my last game, there is now an interest in my games and a market out there. To this end I've spent a few hours today looking at my Flatspace 3 plans, though the challenges are significant. A first step is at least updating existing games with my latest engine.

I've spent today updating Prometheus, buy only basic parameter settings, changes to the default dial graduations and default values. Nothing that affects any aspect of creation but that.

What next for me and my rock? What's that it says; that there's something special at the summit? Indeed yes, such are its thoughts. Such is its eternal soul.