Monday, March 11, 2024

Gunstorm Updates, Wall Preparations

I decided to update Gunstorm 1 and 2 today, so spent the morning adding inherent multiple control schemes, and removing the optional controls. Now both games will support mouse, controller and keyboard at once, at the cost of having no customisable key settings. I don't particularly like the inefficiency of checking 4 or 6 keys for each action, but it does make it a bit easier to play. The update will go live on Friday.

I had a useful email regarding tomorrow's weather, which looks like heavy rain, so I decided to postpone the mural installation until Thursday. Wednesday and Thursday look like the only remotely dry days for the next ten days (all days have some chance of rain). I have tickets to the Congleton Festival for Wednesday, and a pause after Tuesday's rain to dry things out would be beneficial. Looking at the weather, it's possible that nothing starts until April.

In the afternoon I bought some extra paint for the grey background. I had hoped to use the existing wall as the background, but parts of it are in poor condition, and some grey for other aspects might be useful too, as drips or mistakes would stain and be impossible to fix without overpainting. I'd have liked some orange for the bee, but the smallest tubs are 2.5 litres, and I'd only need about 100ml or so. If David was up to speed (his only comment is about how he hasn't been paid yet, but I'm sure he will be paid. I tell myself that I'm sure I will be paid by Ché, who 5 weeks after my invoice and many reminders and excuses later, still hasn't paid me the money she owes me for the sale of the Stone Wasp painting) he could buy that and we could share some. I'm still wondering if I should ignore the recommendation for masonry paint and get some artists' acrylics in the correct colour. The art would benefit from some colour.

At 4pm I did more work on the song 'Walls And How To Hit Them', extending it. It's an odd song in every way, and a bit out of keeping in mood and theme compared to the other songs for this album, but it, fun, bouncy, and a paragon of surrealistic music.

Onwards we charge with joy!