Tuesday, April 02, 2024

Out Of Date at the Open Mic, Game Research

Today, it's another Red Cow Open Mic, and I've spent most of the day rehearsing my (and our) performance for it. I'll perform 'Out Of Date', and had practised it with a backing track that lacked the piano, but that was largely bass, and the song seems to work better with more freedom - a backing track kills expression to some extent, it's a harsh taskmaster. After a few rehearsals I have decided to perform it just on piano. I had planned on performing 'Warm Comfy Sofa', but the melody and chords are extremely complex, and its angular, jazzy tones are far from instantly tuneful, so I've decided to perform 'An Autumn Tale' instead, as, by chance, the words from my recent vocal recordings happened to be on the back of the 'Out Of Date' music.

I spent a couple of hours developing a Bool upgrade plan, and doing some game research, including watching a Space Invaders Evolution video. This may help inspire improvements to Outliner.