Gosh what a hard day. On my to-do list for the year is to score Burn Of God. I want to score all of my albums, and do this now for new ones. I've done over half of the older ones, but not this. I last updated the music in 2022, but of course I can now do much better, primarily in the mixing, balancing, mastering area, and vocals of course, as my singing has continued to improve. I digress.
I thought I'd scored all of the most difficult albums, those with live piano or orchestral parts. This includes Music Of Poetic Objects, The Anatomy Of Emotions, Cycles, Tree Of Keys; but many of the Burn Of God tracks fit this. Some of the tracks use 'expressive' piano with little sense of timing, tracks like 'The Eternal Dogma' and 'The Dark Nightwatchman'. Today I'd record and sequence these differently... using the 'lined up' timing as mentioned in a recent blog post. This makes transcribing much easier. 'Smile to Fall' could simply be MIDI exported, despite its expressive timing, but not these, and the chords were often embedded into single instruments. This too makes transcribing very slow. I need to hand calculate each note being played.
Sigh, well, after an 8-hour day 'The Eternal Dogma' is done, and most of 'The Dark Nightwatchman'. These are some of the most difficult tracks.
I've spent days, weeks of my life making this sheet music. There's zero 'demand' for it. I offer basic sheet music for all of my music for free on itch, with a small fee for the 'complete' versions, but even most of the basic versions have has zero downloads; and yet I spent weeks, months of my life transcribing it. Sometimes these have been very useful, when needing to play something live, and of course, there's little demand for anything I do. Nobody pays me for anything, so if no master calls the tune, I'm free to do what I like. Life is about order and record keeping, so I'm ordering and keeping records. It will be a joy to get this one complete and out of the way.
