Thursday, September 03, 2026

Good Vibrations, Women and Wives

Mike kindly gave me a lift to the Good Vibrations event yesterday. We normally attend every 4 weeks, the event takes place every 2, but Deb happened to be free which caused me to ask about attending; it was this which led to Deb's suggestion of a lift, so a somewhat unexpected participation. It was a nice event, as ever.

I've spent most of today working on a recording of 'Women and Wives', my cover of the Paul McCartney song in the form performed at the Wonky Pear, but I'm unsure if I'll bother releasing it. It seems, according to Emubands, I can do this relatively easily if I submit it to streaming-only services. My main reason for releasing it would be to test this exact mechanism.

My melody is a little bit different to the original, but I think close to be considered it the same song, 100% McCartney's, even if I added the solo that I think the second 'chorus' will benefit from. I wouldn't care at all at 'gifting' ownership of that, with the hope he wouldn't be offended at what I might do to his work.