Thursday, September 05, 2019

Slow Day

A slow and low day, feels like a tired retreat from summer, not helped by the turmoil in the country caused by the politicians. We are intelligent beings at the mercy of idiots. Only the Lords seem to exhibit any sense. Their eternal heredity should be restored at once, with the odd reform.

Have started the Marius Fate book but I feel I need more content, more artistic content. I'll at least include some imagery. I've been investigating the best way to include a CD. Most of today was spent on little admin duties: a few words about a book for a forthcoming publication by Oxford University Press, some new game graphics now required by Steam, train ticket collection.

I'm unhappy with the music and must keep working on the vocals. Looking For a Lover varies from my favourite to least favourite track. I must keep trying. Nothing is perfect, and our own judgement isn't either. Future work will always tend to get better. I must remember Sibelius; his 20 years of working on his 8th symphony only to burn it (it was probably fine). Do my best and push on.

I invented a cocktail the other day: one part Chambord, one part Rose's lime cordial, three parts soda water, and ice. It's called an ice pop because it tastes exactly like one.

Tonight I had an idea for a new version of A Christmas Carol and the idea excites me.

Off to London tomorrow to deliver paintings for judgement at the Discerning Eye. The marvelous Tim Rice is apparently a judge this year.