Sunday, December 08, 2019

Bank Dream, Christmas

A full few days, feeling full of energy and ideas, having not enough time, but filling every hour optimally.

I dreamed last night of a music gig in the street here, involving local musicians. I regretted that I wasn't invited, feeling sad at my lack of ability to ask about these things, and general lack of connections and my anti-socialness. I then proceeded to walk home, across what was now London, knowing that the best option was to get to Bank tube station by walking across the capital in a straight line, cutting over schools, car parks, and other strange places. At times I recalled my route but it was very convoluted; at one point I even rode a corkscrew rollercoaster. My journey took a long time and was a lot of work with many distractions, entering and leaving buildings, conversations and meetings, but I eventually came within sight of Bank station, although I don't think I got further. I determined that this dream was about the path to music riches being difficult, long, arduous, or nigh on impossible, which probably matches my beliefs.

I woke late and started the day by updating my mailing list software, then preparing and uploading the v1.05 beta of Flatspace IIk for testing by Andrew and the community. Then worked on a few Christmas gifts before an afternoon and evening with other festive preparations.