Saturday, December 28, 2019

The Lost Princess

Back to work after the Christmas break, continuing where I left off with The Lost Princess video, a relaxing and dreamy piano tune, relatively easy to make a video for in these bleak months.

I need more videos for some of the faster tunes, for Animalia, or Bites of Greatness, or The Twelve Seasons. This is more difficult. I've bought a two-year old action camera in the sales for £15, a good deal; most of the criticism of it comes from the very poor manual and on screen English, which is awful. I can't set white balancing either, it seems to be locked to sunlight, which is slightly easier to cope with than 'automatic', as I can fix it in software with consistency. I had hoped to attach it to my tiny Hakasee drone, but the drone can't lift the weight of the camera. The drone has a 640x480 camera itself, but the video quality is really poor, even in bright light, and the flight itself is so jerky that it is less smooth than walking or running with my DSLR, so the drone is of almost no use as a video tool.

I must try to focus on a piece of music for a video... Eagle Interceptor would be a good choice perhaps, but this music seems to demand flight or movement... it's too dark today for any outdoor filming. Perhaps I can find some indoor filming to do for another tune. I have about eight or ten videos on my list so far... must try to get them done quickly. I feel I'm slowing due to indecision. In such circumstances, it's best to do everything rather than worry about deciding.

At times I feel like a friendless eccentric. I'm largely cut off from other artists, am not part of other groups. Even if only partly true, my work, and the quality of it, is the important thing. My creations will be my only legacy, and I, at least, must care about them, and try to do my best, for humanity, each day.