Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Burn of God Battles

Working hard again on Burn of God. This album is so difficult because it's taken so long and is ever changing, it's well over a year old now. My first album written with lots of vocals in mind, and my voice has changed and is changing as I work. My first album with live guitar, which I'm learning in leaps as I progress. Everything moves so much that it's hard to create anything that feels unified, or even pretty, or whole, or good enough.

The steps are to identify problems in a rational way, and fix. I have a structure written now, a final script, which I will now stick to. I'm torn between perfecting and repairing what is there already, or starting work on the new parts. Time is short. Life if short. The future is bleak and dark and cold; new art much be done quickly.

Am working on the cover intermittently. Here it is so far: