Sunday, August 09, 2020

Anxiety and Argus

An inexplicably anxious night of near-panic. Perhaps this is driven by an internal conflict, like two stones generating heat by pushing on each other. Many things anger me, which itself is unusual. I can't change the world, so why rail against it? I have limited control, no control, I know this. Perhaps the act of ego, the desire to fight fate creates this heat.

A good day of programming though. I started with the main load/save of Film files in Argus. I thought this might be easy, easier than Actor files because we're saving everything, not cherrypicking what is used and what isn't. I was wrong! My actor files are full of pointers: to modulators, to lights, to costumes. I needed to convert those into indices and back again on loading. It was one of those days where I program for two hours without the change to test the program. Ultimately, I got it all working.

Then, the live recording, which I also got working. You can record x/y position (using the mouse), x/z (mouse y would be z), and any single angle. A keypress of comma or stop will set the frame up one. One last thing to do was add a merge option for duplicate events, so that live recording of first position, then angle will merge the data correctly. Now I can 'walk' an object around and separately make it wobbly alluringly as it strolls. The plan for 'live' hyper-animation is enacted.

And now, basically, it's done. Argus is now functional. It's alive!

Now comes adding features rather than things to make it work. Testing, trying. I do have lots of tidying to do; more things to add to the menus, and making the menus switch on/off, activate/deactivate as needed.

I just wish this tension would go. I feel dizzy, tight around my chest and back, too focused on breathing. I think that this is partly the result of Covid-19 self-monitoring when near others, a breathing anxiety, yes perhaps Saturday's trip is the cause of this. I can stretch, meditate, listen to relaxation tapes, fight it with self-will. I must relax. This irrational anxiety is my life-nemesis.