Monday, August 10, 2020

Argus v1.00

I think this it, Argus v1.00, is complete. The rest now includes tweaks and changes, new features. Today I changed my brads (byte radians, where a circle is 256 degrees) to proper radians, which are a bit less intuitive, but work more smoothly and the floating point range of 6.282 per circle is easier to program. Some of the test animations already look interesting.

I've also added a feature to optimise/delete any move events that don't do anything, which might be useful for live recordings where you hold down the mouse button to create events, yet aren't actually moving. I've also added options to split and reintegrate tracks, to randomise event timing (for extra pzazz) and a few other things.

There are some untidy aspects to the interface, such as all menu options being available even when some commands will not do anything. You can enter KILL and SET COSTUME events for lights and camera, even though they don't do anything...

I think now I'll take a break and/or start to make, for the first time, some animations with it. I started this on July 18th, technically, and it's taken about a month of solid work to get this far, yet, I've no idea at all if this software will even be useful.