Friday, August 14, 2020

Argus v1.00 Again

A slow day, I keep thinking Argus is at and end, yet more tweaks and slight changes occur daily or hourly. I spent a few hours today testing the speed of different rendering options, the bmp format really slows things down. I downloaded a more recent DirectX API and the libraries seemed to fix the JPG saving, but the PNG and TGA saving still do not work - they save something out but it's a malformed failure.

Still, I'm getting tired of programming, this my most hated skill. I've called the current version 1.00, and any future changes will be saved up and made in about a week as v1.01.

Now I must get back to some other sort of art. It is too hot for music - Prometheus, unlike Argus, really needs computer power and processor speed. I've played with Oldfield for the first time in ages, the automatic music generator in Prometheus. Maybe I could write some songs to go with its strange chords.

I have an idea for some plastic-themed music, I need to do something with the Plastic Superman song, and I feel electro-plastified after all of this programming. I think it will be too hot to work until at least next week.