Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Glasses, Plastic Cover Art Experiments

I ordered some glasses today which involved a rare trip out in the day. This noon appointment to choose frames, lenses etc. took up all morning, and the process went smoothly and well in these Covid times. The centre of Crewe, the famous town clock, was being demolished so I saw a moment of history in action.

At home I filed the recently updated Prometheus software. I didn't want to sing beyond a few light exercises.

A quiet and lacklustre day. I started some rough designs for the plastic E.P., here are two iterations...

I tend to make a tree of variations now and march on with those rather than take time to refine one design. The second is more striking and more like my feelings about the cover, but its hard to work on a cover when I don't know that the music feels like. Also the second one does not match the upbeat electro-pop of the second half of the music. There is something to say for variety.

I need to work on the rest of the music but I'm not inspired. My constant headaches and the work on the Sisyphus music has sapped me a little. I've created a few variations for the opening Dream of Wasps track, but I'm not sure if I like any of them yet.

I will slowly press on. Only one track left of Sisyhpus, the art and all of the rest of the music is, I think, now finalised. Style Guru only needs the vocals, then the two new tracks. I will probably not work on visual art until my glasses arrive.