Tuesday, February 09, 2021

Migraine

After my first full day of painting in over a year I was struck with a migraine last night, intense pain on the left half of my head, with some bonus nausea, which lasted several hours. I've had one of the aura-type migraines, last year I think, or the year before, but this is the first time I've experienced the pain version. I prefer the aura version.

Like the aura-migraine, this is clearly due to the deterioration in my eyesight, which, in retrospect, was a factor in my lack of painting last year. As it stands I can't paint as normal until I can see an optician, which probably won't be possible until I get vaccinated, perhaps August or September. I could paint in shorter sessions with rest time, or perhaps with one eye, or try other things, but it's likely that my visual art will be curtailed in 2021 as it was in 2020. Of all arts, I love and believe in oil painting most. I must continue as best as I can.