Saturday, February 27, 2021

Young, Attractive, and Physically Fit

Another awful night of stomach pain which started about two hours after eating and gradually grew.

I used the time awake to listen to The Myth of Sisyphus master. I loved it, which is rare for me. I feel so excited about my abilities and possibilities for music, but, of course, things take a lot of time too. I listened to Burn of God too, for the first time in months. I'm pleased with so many aspects of it but can see the things I'd do better now. One thing about being any artist is growth, and any older work will hopefully not seem as good as your current, or even future work. Perhaps one day I can record Kyrie Eleison with a full choir - I'm certain I will, but, as Telly Savalas sang, not today.

I've been in stomach pain all day but have eaten as best I could, needing the energy. I've queued up The Myth of Sisyphus with an April 8th release date. I had planned on releasing an album each month, and I prefer to release at the end of a month. We have the Apocalypse of Clowns release in late March, but late April seemed too far away, the album themes of struggle in solitude seems appropriate for this period, but perhaps by St. George's Day things will be starting to open up and people won't resonate with it. Well, I don't think many (or any) people will hear it anyway, but I would like to release it sooner rather than later, there's no real benefit to waiting, I wouldn't do more with any extra time. I don't immediately plan on any videos, though I know it could use some, it's all so much work.

Later in the day I continued work on the simplistic song 'Young Attractive and Physically Fit' for the other E.P. I have in progress. It's a monotonic tune and even simpler lyrics, the challenge is to make something like this good. It's not that far from Kraftwerk's The Model. Think how simple it is... can drama be added? Can emotion be added? Back in The Model's day the very sound was new and interesting. How can genius be injected into something so simple? The rules for every song are the same, as in poetry, find the single point of impact or drama where expectations are either flipped or rewarded, and try to include scene, context, and enhance the feeling. I'm still not 100% sure if this song is good enough, but I will work at it and complete it. I finish just about everything I start. An unfinished anything is worth nothing (well, except the learning process or exercise of working on it).

My new title for this E.P. is Velvet Death Excitement.