Wednesday, May 05, 2021

Cold

I've woken up shivering and/or sweating a few times in the past week, and last night took my temperature with my trusty Braun Thermoscan and it was a low 35.5 degrees, a full degree colder than the normal minimum. I've probably got used to being cold naturally, my anxiety and general constant activity must keep me warmer than I would normally be, but I've probably never been on the warm side of average. My cells live slowly, like meat in the fridge, carefully and optimally preserved. In other ways I feel super-healthy, but this worried me all night. Normal life is, at times, so fragile. I will aspire to keep warmer.

The dull and cold weather this week (it was 6 degrees today, with bonus sleet) has stopped my painting too. I can plan and draw, but I have many paintings drawn out now. I can do other things but I must readjust. I am working on one project, a major restoration of an older work, which will take several days. I will unveil this when it is complete.