Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Lachesis Being Sucked Into The Dawn And Dusk Of The Universe

Did just four things yesterday:
1. I posted a poem 'Times Are Staying The Same' to Twitter as part of a new innovation by Black Bough Poetry, this week curated by Patrick Jones.
2. I created a new music video in Argus for The Swift Triptych: II. The High Flying Swift.
3. I finalised and uploaded my complete art catalogue and price list. I've been working on this for a few days; it's not easy to format things into an easy form to read or print.
4. I updated my website to (hopefully) fix the videos on the Connect page. These are chosen at random but each one deleted or moved from YouTube creates an error, so the list of 80 here needs constant updating. It would be useful if YouTube had a feature to download the title and URL of every video in your channel as a text file (or CSV).

Today has been the first day of underpainting 'Lachesis Being Sucked Into The Dawn And Dusk Of The Universe', a painting about absolute determinism and how even The Fates are trapped within the predetermined design of the cosmos. It is also an homage to John William Waterhouse. It's painted on a Jackson's Art Supplies Art Panel, which is a rubbish surface, not nearly as good as the Belle Arti panels. The Jackson's ones are both too slippery and too absorbent, a strangely chalky feeling with little tooth, and the weave is rather large too.

Now I am exhausted and must rest. What a strange life the life of an artist is. Now matter how much I paint, it is too little. Oh for more life, more time and the resources to live. How much more I would paint, and with how much greatness, if I could dedicate more time to it. I must aim for some monumental works.