Monday, May 24, 2021

Lidl, Book Jacket, Frame, Painting

These are interesting days, the world seems to be returning to normal and busyness. Today, Deb and I went for a shopping trip, during which I bought some 2mm sheet plastic for the glazing of the big triangular painting, The Starcrossed Escape'. Then I formatting the jacket for Deb's new book; the illustrations and cover design are now complete.

Then I hand cut the framing for the Cromwell painting. It looks good so far, this is perhaps the thickest biggest frame I can cut with my tools.

I use an ancient (1960s) iron mitre which is very good, providing everything is held flat. The joints are good, and I may distress the wood a little too, I will experiment with decoration and colours.

Tomorrow I'm off to Macclesfield for a little photo-shoot to promote the charity donation of the Lisa Minnelli painting to Barnado's. The Macc Art Lounge is also open now (on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays) so there is another outlet for my art. My painting is better than ever.

I'm feeling rather musical too, perhaps inspired by watching the (unfortunately poor) Eurovision Song Contest. Nightfood is released on Friday; I'm sure to no applause, but I'm happy with the music and the artistic and technical progress. I must make more new music this year. I re-listened to The Dusty Mirror. There are things I would do better now, but it will suffice and I probably won't re-visit this.

I've many paintings in waiting and have spent over £1200 in the past 6 weeks on new art equipment and supplies. This feels good. These whims, desires, investments mean enthusiasm, as well as better capabilities and future results. I must keep pushing for and towards the best I can do and can imagine.