Wednesday, September 08, 2021

Exhibition Plans

Some busy days of art business. A social day yesterday which started with a meeting at Nantwich Museum about the details for my Neorenaissance exhibition. Things are broadly worked out, though I have have some uncertainties about the Covid-19 situation in January. I think that by December, we will be sure. This will be an extension of the Stockport '21st Century Surrealism' exhibition, so with poetry and other events, made a bit easier being so local. I'll be showing a large range of work from past and present, including my latest English Triptych.

I think of exhibitions like firing shots from a battleship, some might hit and result is sales or a little pretty flash. Some seem to do nothing, but the firing itself, work though it is, is like a part of the art. All of my exhibitions have been seen by people. The ones that mean the most to me are the themed and fun ones, which are art forms in themselves, with fancy dress events or open evenings. ESAUM: Objects of Magic involved incantations and rituals, as well as invited artists. Those Cubby Hole ones were so nice. The Phenomenology of Love was a good one too, I thought, but I also thought that too few people saw it and that it fizzled out somewhat; but being an exciting London exhibition, it had the potential to capture more mainstream attention, and I feel that that more of my events seem to be gaining some sort of momentum.

As well as Nantwich I'm also preparing for a my third London exhibition; a pop-up retail/gallery space in Shoreditch. This will open on September 27th. I'm working on the catalogue and packing work now.

I'm also working on the Heritage Wall ideas and the third one, which needs some tweaking and alteration.

There are a few art open exhibitions too, and I'll enter lots. I'm still full of energy and art ideas, and hopefully I'll have time to make even music this year, and do as much as I can. No sign of the SY-85 drive, that can at least wait until these three big 'shots' have fired.