Friday, September 03, 2021

Wall Concepts

Two days of working on some wall concepts. My main focus has been working on two refined versions of the first two ideas with the aim of making larger versions, then I decided to simply switch to a larger version for the third design.

I took some photos for source material yesterday. Today, blew up all three designs and took more reference images. I've also been making plasticine models for some elements.

I have a lot of distractions, my mind feels like an anxious octopus. The Castle Park Open is on this year, so I prepared the dates and admin for that, as well as noting monthly goals, announcing the Yinyang sale on Steam, and releasing another Amiga game on Itch - during which I investigated SCM4 mapper too; perhaps, I thought, I could edit the data of the program directly using a hex editor on the adf file.

The hours flew by but tomorrow I think I can focus on some good quality design drawings. Of course, I think they are iconic and perfect for the job. I think these could be painted as full paintings, 2 metres across, and sold to the council for £12,000, the same sum as Dali priced his crucifixion at in the 1950s; of course £12,000 then was more like £350,000 today. I'd include the copyright too so that, as with Glasgow, they would earn their fee back and more. They could form the start, and soul, of a new Crewe Museum of Art and Culture.