Saturday, September 11, 2021

China Plates, Plans

A strange phenomena occurred last night. I awoke to a sliding-bump sound and a crack of glass. I stirred, groggily, at 2am or so barely awake, and thought that the painting opposite had fallen down or become cracked or somehow damaged, but I partly thought that the sound came from the room next door. I ignored it and fell back to sleep. An hour or so later, I awoke again, with a start to a sound like the clank of an old bell-style alarm-clock falling over, or two china plates falling on each other. I sat up and lit the light. The room was normal and the painting opposite was fine. There were no signs of movement or anything falling at all. Very odd. I thought that it must have been the next room, or outside. I slept again but again, a few hours later, heard a sound like glass or china crashing. This, I think, must have been a hallucination, but one so realistic it sounds indistinguishable from a real sound.

Generally it's been a frustratingly slow couple of days. These bigger events always take more work and expense than anticipated. A very positive meeting yesterday regarding the Shoreditch exhibition, due on September 27. Most of today was spent buying train tickets for the various events.

Three drawings have been newly framed for this; the Jabberwock series of graphic poems. I'm also contacting poets for the Nantwich Museum exhibition.

In other jobs, the last Amiga game has been published on my itch channel and the new external floppy drive has arrived and been tested; it seems to read and write the 720kb discs so I might finally be ready to record the SY-85 music. I had hoped to make more progress on the Heritage Wall plans but these paperwork and packing duties take so long. I also posted off the legal depostis for The Intangible Man.

The endless paperwork of life - of course, this is vital. Life is the preservation of correct information. Those who clean, file, tidy, are extending their life. My very cells love to file things and keep everything tidy and in good order. We are a community of information.