Sunday, September 19, 2021

Meringue Dream, Prometheus v2.72, Heritage Wall

A night of lucid dreams. I felt subsumed with power in these, which is a common feeling in this environment. I wanted to take more control of the dream world, which I felt was some second echelon of reality; that if mastered, then this could become a step to a yet more brilliant reality beyond. I decided to make people vanish, by touch, and they shrunk away to nothing in an instant, but I found it hard to make new people appear. I started to push objects with the power of my mind, move cars into the distance. The dream characters were somewhat awed. I spoke to an old man, an Italian I think, who was some sort of relative in the dream. He lamented the lack of some sort of sweet, like a sliver of meringue, which he remembered as being plentiful in his youth. I used my powers to make a huge pile of these, a mile high, as the roof of a building. The locals walked up steps to grab some of these.

I woke late. I've spent today updating Prometheus. I've hardly used it since the last update, but have updated Argus since, and found a bug or two, and some improvements to make. I didn't copy all of the text into the program because the icon text in particular can cycle through options... it's not very efficient to have this text stored in every icon structure because there are a lot of icons and most don't need the cycle option. I did inline the text for the errors, however.

I also added the modulator processing options; telescope, palindrome, and a few bug fixes there. I used the new set of high resolution modulators that I've recently made for Argus. Over 20 years, that's how old Prometheus is, music software is bound to change a lot. So, a lot of old plug-ins have gone, most notably the white noise which was very crude; and today, all of the modulators are new, and double the resolution of the old ones. The resolution doesn't matter hugely, it's more important and noticeable in video than audio, but now I have the option to up or downgrade these if needed.

I have prepared my submission for the Heritage Wall bid. The whole process seems to be done in a strange way, and with very tight schedules. It seems to be designed with the aim of making a sort of art-by-committee object. After three designs are made, and one chosen, there is just a 14 day gap to actually create and 'finalise' the artwork. This is a very tight deadline for anything except a digital montage; which is, I expect, what they expect. My aim is an oil painting.