Thursday, December 16, 2021

Colds, Computer Freezes, and Other Stories

Things which have occurred yesterday and today:

1. My father has a cold which is referred to as 'it'. He is determined to cough and sneeze over as much as possible. This causes anxiety, and should perhaps for the world as he has no intention of staying away from the bus, cafés, crowds etc.
2. My computer suddenly threw a black screen, then a "page fault in non paged area" blue screen, also a great cause of anxiety. I wondered if this was due to working on Argus for the first time with this new, replacement, graphics card though it has been stable up until now. How I hate computer faults. This causes me great distress. I spent today backing up, then installed a different graphics card. This has today, on its first day, locked up the computer at one point (if it was indeed the cause), and crashed the driver after waking from sleeping. I wonder if it is the card or something more serious.
3. Between this, I've started work on the Spotify Canvases for Secret Electric Sorcery. Without these worries I could have completed these today but they may take a week now. Other basic elements of the launch; artwork, filing, lyric reading videos are now complete.
4. I saw a bright shooting star last night, one of the last of the Geminids which celebrate my birthday each year. Given recent events, I tried to see it as a symbol of hope.
5. I've delightedly got both of my submitted paintings: 'The Unexpected Return Of Oliver Cromwell In 2020' and 'When This Is All Over' into the Grosvenor Museum exhibition. The launch event is cancelled, for understandable reasons in this virus surge.
6. I've completed the printing and formatting for Neorenaissance. This is generally complete.