Friday, December 31, 2021

Otesanek, Neorenaissance Events Curtailed

A full day working on Otesanek yesterday. Lots of trying different combinations of guitars, this takes a lot more time than synths or sequenced sound due to the intermediate stages or recording things.

Today, disappointments, slings and arrows. I became aware of the official scientific predictions for the the current Covid-19 wave in Britain, already at 250k infections per day. This is set to peak at around the 3rd week of January and fade away by the start of March. This means that my Neorenaissance exhibition, in planning for months, in waiting for years, will occur exactly during this time. With regret I've had to cancel all of my planned live events and it's certain that few people will see the exhibition. Jan/Feb 2022 will perhaps be the worst time for any sort of public event. I will try to form some sort of online/distant contingency plan.

The events were designed to attract more visitors, but even before Omicron, the normal Covid restrictions limited numbers. The new wave, its risks and further limits simply make the work of staging live events outweigh any benefits.

I've also been informed, with a few days to go, that Ché's exhibit is in jeopardy too, so I await news on this.

At the moment I feel weary and exhausted. It is the end of the year, so a day for backing up computer data; a job which used to take a morning but now takes about two days.

To 2022 we roll our rock, we smash at the rock wall with our hammers of copper. On we march towards the dream of better things.