Sunday, December 05, 2021

Rest Day, Selection Box, New Music Ideas

A simpler day yesterday, the first in weeks where I've had time to think and feel actually creative. A reminder how hard it is to find such time. I used it on admin work, the essential filing and tidying, recording. Only what is recorded is art. Only what is recorded exists.

I developed a new possible website and did a quick rehearsal of some of the Selection Box tunes. The sound will be unique and very different for some tracks; Clown Face, normally somewhat sad and reflective is now space-like a meditative with a wailing synth lead over a 5th drone.

Today I fitted the bathroom roller blind and we did a second final rehearsal of the show. There are some elements that probably need work, but this is very much a relaxed and experimental setting, which I love. At times I miss those special art nights in Mash, though the hour drive there and back and the complex loading and unloading grew to be too much. If I had the money I'd found some sort of art club which had similarly experimental entertainments every night.

I wrote two songs in the night. These are journeys of images, my favourite way to make music. There are many songs, tunes, words, ideas. Images, rhythms or feelings/vibes, but I prefer to start with images and structure because the other parts are easy.

This week I have to frame the remaining Nantwich Museum paintings, complete Christmas plans, and hopefully record some new lyric videos for Sisyphus.