Sunday, December 12, 2021

Of Wasps

A slow day, woke late after a night of stomach pain.

I looked at the Neorenaissance plans and made a test USB stick for the speaker I've bought for the sound/ceramic exhibit. The aim is to leave this on 100% of the time for the 8 weeks, which seems to work, the speaker seems to play and loop automatically, so I've made a 20 minute loop. I wondered if the extended silence would auto-shutoff the speaker, but it doesn't. The volume seems to be rather loud, perhaps it's boosted. I massively reduced the source wav, but it seemed to have hardly any effect on the playback volume.

I've felt distracted, tired, cold, slow, all day. I'm preoccupied with ideas for new music manipulations. As I make my own audio software, I can do to audio what the Vasulkas did with video and make up my own manipulations. I have a few ideas but I'm unsure if I should code them just yet. Next on the cards for me is a re-recording of Burn of God with real guitars, but that will take a couple of weeks, and this festive season seems to be too busy and too crowded.

I also made the basic graphics for more lyric videos, for Nightfood, and at 4pm or so I decoded to record these which involved dressing up as per the artwork of that album. The first track, The Dream of Wasps had a strange deep buzzing on the audio. This was on my mic, and the separate camera recording so it must have been a sound in the room itself, which is very strange. Perhaps it was something paranormal, an attack of the very wasps in the song.