Sunday, December 26, 2021

Christmas, Conan

A simple Christmas. Suprise highlights included a graphics tablet and a fascinating book of surrealist writings, The Milk Bowl of Feathers. Both are sure to be inspiring or useful.

Managed some useful work too. I completed my rock song called Conan (at last, it was started in December 2019), but it appears that the character is trademarked and protected so I will not be releasing this any time soon, if at all. I had thought about making an E.P. themed around Conan, using the character as an allegory for these tough times. Perhaps the 1930s was the ultimate spark for his invention. Either way, this won't happen now. The song is done, I'll file it and leave it for distant history.

The mixes of the two Christmas songs is complete, leaving two to create for this 'sonata'. My procedure now is structure, then images, then words, then music. I've written some words for the missing first and third songs today. I've also revisited and looked at the libretto for a concept album I sketched out last year. It's rather like an epic poem and full of imagery.