Sunday, September 03, 2023

AI And Celebrity Video, Argus v1.27

A long a busy day working on the video for the AI and Celebrity single. A lot of the day was spent programming, updating the increasingly complex Argus. I'm unsure if my recent change of making it possible to change modulators on the fly was good or bad for complexity...

I can create an object anywhere with built-in movement characteristics, modulations, like a block that moves up and down by itself, for example. A recent change permitted the modulators to be changed on the fly to allow complex choreography. Before this, complex movements were a matter of creating a new object at that point rather than moving the existing one. Problems have arisen when trying to move an object after it's been changed. The Move command will, by default, reset the actor to its initial status, thus removing any subsequent modulator attachments.

I'll ponder on the optimal solution.

The video itself is a modification of the short loop I've made for Spotify, but like the Frans Hals video will feature a mask for live action filming. The video is largely done, so I may be filming tomorrow.