Tuesday, September 12, 2023

ArtsLab, We Robot Videos

A busy and productive day. I started by checking the new ArtsLab blog, and deleting the ArtsLab entries from here. It turned out that MixCloud did have all of the episodes (apart from 1 to 4, these were probably accidentally deleted by RedShift early on). The MixCloud search seemed to hide some of them unless searching for a specific episode by name. I've now checked the three series' playlists, and added another for everything. Links on the right here, and on the ArtsLab and ArtSwarm blogs.

Then, charging into work on the music videos; with a few distractions. It seems that the wonderful shop Wilko is to close very soon, so I made a quick dash to town for low-priced supplies I may need for the mural.

Then back to videos, and rendering the 10 I've completed. The last 6, however, are among the most difficult. Here's a look at Mothmoon:

I will call these simply official videos. As I've said, I was unsure about that, as these don't have credits and have generally lower production values than other videos... but even that is debatable. Some older videos were simpler looking, even if they were a lot harder work to create than when using Argus. If I make another video in future, I will rename them so I could have 'Second Official Video' or something.

I'm trying not to put a massive amount of work into these. The intent was to make something like a 'Spotify Canvas' for YouTube, but these are already closer to full-length animated videos that that. I must not waste too much time on these when I could be spending time on new art... the month, like the year, is running away on me.