Saturday, September 09, 2023

Heat, More Videos, Flatspace

The hottest UK day of 2023. 25 degrees in here when I woke and the temperature rapidly grew to a sustained 26.5. I consider 26 too hot to work.

The day started with a small addition to Argus, adding a feature to scale the timing for different frames-per-second values (eg. shift everything when switching from 30 to 25 F.P.S.). It will rarely be useful, as I plan on using 25 frames-per-sec from now on, but the coding was easy and it might come in handy in future.

Then I completed the paperwork for the mural. Ultimately the paperwork alone has taken at least a working day, but it will be very useful for any future public commissions. Then, more work on the Hydroxychloroquinine video, and the start of some others before it became too hot.

Then the release of Flatspace v1.08. A note on the forum complained about revoked Steam keys. This was concerning. A batch of keys were sold in a Pay-What-You-Want deal in 2018; all keys remain valid. No other Steam keys have been sold (I never sell keys directly), though I have revoked many review keys from which no review appeared. It appears that some of these keys were illegally sold, which is sad but would be unsurprising. I will investigate. This message is a good reason for me to warn people about buying keys from third-party sites.

The We Robot Music Pack has been approved and is set for release on the 29th.

Tomorrow will also be too hot to work but the weather should become cooler after that. I must think of things to do tomorrow... it will be too hot to use the computer.