Sunday, September 10, 2023

Anxiety and Questions, Gridding, Videos

An anxious day. Anxiety consists of unanswered questions. It doesn't, however, consist of unasked questions, thus anxiety is the preserve of intelligent creatures; those with foresight. The questions can be buried and must be unearthed, divided into options, then answered.

My first question at 6am was how to quickly grid the 15M wall for my mural designs. My first idea was to measure 1M marks along the floor and use a laser guide and pins to mark many verticals, but the lines may all be different, and need to be 1.8M high, which isn't easy. This method would also be quite time consuming. Then I thought about measuring the start and end points, at 1M high, at 3M and 14M across, then using the laser guide to draw a horizontal - but the line wouldn't be visible for 10M or so, and using its bubble as the level wouldn't work because the floor is likely to slope (all floors and walls do, as every builder knows). My line must be relative to the floor.

The vertical option seems best, these can be my initial anchors, but rather than a laser, I'll use my 2M ruler (actually it's an aluminium plaster float, but it does a good job of being a straight edge). I carefully lined this vertically, and carefully stuck a spirit-level to it. Ill use drawing pins on the base of the wall at the correct intervals, so this should rapidly permit me to draw the verticals at the exact place and length. Ideally I need to mark and grid the 12 complex patterns in 90 minutes, so efficiency and preparation are vital.

It's still too hot today, but thankfully not sunny, instead damp and on the cusp of summer thunder-showers. I've spent most of the day working on cycle videos for We Robot; that is full screen videos for YouTube. I wondered whether to call them Cycle Videos or just Official Videos. There is likely to be a lot of crossover; the AI and Celebrity video is mostly animated anyway... the notable difference is that the official videos have end credits - a space at the end. These 'cycle' videos don't which makes them better for YouTube Playlists - people won't want a 10 second pause between tracks.

But, these are intended to be 'relatively simple' animated videos (though still hand-made of course, I'm not a fan of computer generated anything). I can imagine replacing one or two with other 'official' videos in future... can music have more than one official video? I already have several videos per track catalogued; the little loops for Spotify... questions questions.

Videos made today: Do You Know Where Your Heart Is? (this took a long time, and most of yesterday); We Are The Damaged; Joy from a Machine Code Perspective; Mothmoon; Life as a Robot Guard; Where Is Love?; Silicon-Carbon Genesis. Flight Over Rust City and Android Heaven were done yesterday. All are draft versions, unfinished and unrendered.