Thursday, September 07, 2023

Eclectic Wednesday, Flatspace IIk v1.08

A busy yesterday, I started by filing the cover image for the AI And Celebrity single. I now file all album covers as artworks too, and put these on sale as posters on Society6.

Then, work on the risk assessment and other administration work for the Crewe Mural Project, then a full rehearsal with Deborah for our Fall in Green performance at Nantwich Words & Music Festival in October. I need t o make a full-size replica of Rilke's gravestone for this!

Finally, finalising the mixes and music for the forthcoming We Robot Music Pack for Flatspace IIk. Most of the initial stages are creating the store, the artwork, setting things up in the background. This itself took several hours.

Today was spent updating Flatspace IIk. Always a nerve racking experience, the whole thing is so complex that I must proceed with care and caution. For the first time I've added Steam Achievements to the game. I'll release it after more testing. The We Robot Music Pack is due out on the 29th, and it will be updated in late October when the album comes out. I'm rather pleased with these mixes. The Robot song for example uses the instruments from the Flatspace Theme to good effect. That song dates from the Flatspace era, its initial sequence and lyrics written almost 20 years ago. It's taken until 2023 to finish it.

I'm now awaiting Steam approvel for the store. It's a similar situation with mural; waiting for the civic authorities to approve. I'll need a few days to prepare that anyway. This or next week would have been ideal, but I imagine that the third or fourth week of this month is more likely. I'll need at least two days to prepare everything. The preparation is vital. I'd like to minimise the work time at the wall.