Friday, November 17, 2023

Countryside Admin

Another really full day, but at times it can seem where the day has gone. I started by proofing the 2024 edition of A Walk In The Countryside, and updating the records to replace the 2020 version. Then working on the new (first!) Spotify canvas animations for the album. The first three tracks will have unique animations, and the last tracks will share one in the colour-on-black scheme reflected in the cover artwork (which was never printed, to date there has not been a CD version of this album). This cat will nod to the music for We All Have Hope:

I've taken down the two YouTube videos. I noted that The Cat Phone Song was among my most popular of the last month; an odd coincidence, so perhaps it's an ideal time for a remaster of this album. The album is somewhat negative and not reflective of my 2024 state of being, but it tells a definite story. The two halves are related, by perhaps frustration and then surrender or catharsis. This trend was continued in Nightfood to better effect, still one of my most loved albums. On technical and performance levels, the 2024 version of Countryside is much better.

Then I re-converted the videos with the new audio and updated credits, in preparation for a 2024 release, and updated several records to this end. There is still, will be still, quite a lot of admin to perform when the album is ready for release. Then, small updates to the album artwork to reflect the change of date, and filing of the main sequences.

I also updated 4 new sales of Snow Business, and updated some little details for tracks from the artists. Then made some CD-tray artwork for this, so that buyers could burn a CD and print their own artwork. More and more of the work on the album is complete.

Then, I did a quick run-though of Sky Robes of Celeste on piano, a rehearsal for next Wednesday's performance, and burned the final CD archive copy of Walk, plus updated the official Cornutopia Music Catalogue, prepared to update the websites, listed the sheet music on itch (or rather prepared to), and put together a lyrics booklet and sheet music pack for the Christmas Smells single.

All day my stomach has been agonising for unknown reasons, something from yesterday perhaps? To try to combat this, I took a long walk at high speed this evening.

Now, to rest. Tomorrow, I'll work on more sheet music I think.

I've made a lot of music this year, and for a large part of the year will release one new music video each week. At each summit of production I think I can't do more, but already I can imagine releasing one album per month in 2024. Well, perhaps not that many, but it should be a good year. Onwards we charge.