Monday, November 13, 2023

The Countryside Sheet Music

Today, work on the sheet music for A Walk In The Countryside. It's a mere five years since this album, and 3 years since my first little re-recording of the Twitter and Hope songs, but even those 3 years is a lifetime in my musical abilities which are much better now in every way. I've managed to notate 5 of the 6 tracks, to a draft degree, today.

I can't find any record of a sequence for the 'Sonus' track. 2018 was a very productive time, with new work made weekly for ArtsLab, so there is a chance that I have the sequence under a a different name, or even a chance that I used alternative recording techniques, like a live recording from my SY-85 or the Microkorg, then overlayed with the 'jungle sounds' sample. I think this is unlikely due to the complexity of the track, but its possible... perhaps the later 'Let's Take a Walk in Desert' track was created as a response to losing this one. I would haw filed the sequence if there was one. It's annoying that I didn't record what happened. This blog itself is useful for things like this!

Well, this makes transcription a problem, though that music is largely one note.

My mood is low today. I feel unusually weak, tired, and lacking in drive, but I have broadly ignored these biological messages and today has been productive. I've eaten healthily, taken a walk, and reminded myself about the good people I know and the good future that awaits me, and all of us. The future, for me, is always better than the past, and every tomorrow is something to look forward to as a child does Christmas.