Saturday, November 11, 2023

More Snowy Business, Argus v1.30

A full day today of two main creations. First, a medley/overture for the Christmas album which layers the tracks in a way which paints a wintry scene. For inspiration I thought of the 'overtures' by The Electric Light Orchestra, and remembered that for Fire On High, the first track of the album Face The Music, they referenced their previous album Eldorado, inserting clips of its music as though blown on a wind of memory. I did something similar here, with distant bells and other sound elements to paint a winter scene. My interpretation slightly leans to horror film trailers, with Maggie's haunting vocals and dramatic bass percussion.

Later, I put together two new short videos with a vertical orientation for social media, fixing a small bug in Argus as I went.