Sunday, November 12, 2023

Live Preparations, We Robot CD Plans

A slower day today, to reflect and plan. I bought some more experimental sunglasses and a headwear, and have now spent over £60 in the past week on a future look, to prepare for the November 22nd show and perhaps the start of more live music performances.

I worked on more artwork for a We Robot CD edition too, adding more pages. One of my goals is to create more CDs, but I need a new plan of what to do with them. I love the format, but I feel like a rarity in this regard; and feel that CD player machines are rare these days. I have, however, encountered several people who have requested a CD version of Snow Business, and 'don't do downloads'. I feel intuitively that CDs will, in the great cycle of things, come back and compete on even terms with the resurgent vinyl records. And I myself primarily buy albums on CD. The only download album I've ever bought was Sparks' Lil' Beethoven, and that was because it was only available by download at that time (I later bought the remastered CD release). This philosophy means that I should really be releasing my own music on CD.

My last big CD release was Burn of God; and I've not felt like making CDs since, partly because of the cost and lack of ability to sell or distribute them, but also perhaps because I knew that my vocal music of the time was training, a work in progress. We Robot is my first vocal album that I considered of a good enough standard (well, The Golden Age is good too). It's also my first album of songs to be performed live, apart from the two solitary Marius Fate performances, so it's a logical choice for a CD for those reasons too.

After working on the album art I prepared the keyboard for a live rehearsal of the Nov 22nd performance, and a play of 'Do You Know Where Your Heart Is?' too. All went well.