Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Sheet Music Complete, Event Preparation, Art News

A full busy yesterday finalising the Apocalypse Of Clowns sheet music. I thought it would take a while but didn't appreciate the complexity of Jabberwocky, with extensive piano parts, then organs, guitars, and lots of other parts. I notated the intro/overture separately from the rest, and fully notated the piano parts, with guidance for much of the rest (no synth solo, limited notation of the guitar parts). Notating Siamese Twin Domestic was more difficult than expected too.

This took all day, and I finalised this today and added it to itch. I also made an edit of Maggie Shaw's A Christmas Song, a backing track with guidance to sing to, and checked my own music for tonight's People and Places event:

I've also updated my website, and Fall in Green's, with new event listings directly from Songkick, which may make updating events easier. Work on Snow Business is nearly complete, and today I announced Nigel Stonier as a contributor. All are now 'announced' apart from Mick Dick.

I had some good news today regarding SFXEngine, and I'll promote that more over the coming months.

In visual art news, the mural design for Crewe Town Centre is slowly moving forwards, and a Spring installation date is now anticipated. There will be some sort of public consultation for this. The next group exhibition at Macc Art Lounge is set to open this Saturday, of which I'm a part for the first time since 2021. This was once an artist-curated space but is now under the sole curatorship of Ché. I hope to make the most of my time there.