Thursday, October 03, 2019

ArtsFest Preparations

A full day yesterday rehearsing my performances for Saturday.

Fall in Green will perform at 2pm and we'll be including lots of new work from Deborah's new Rattenfanger collection. Most of the music side is quite straightforward but I've composed two new pieces of music; a main theme to open with and a pretty tune for Rest in Peace, Dear Chlorophyll, a poem about autumn leaves.

My big performance is earlier in the day. In first Marius Fate performance I'll sing 6 songs and at least play some instrument in each of them. I'll play the piano parts of Life Beyond Mars while singing; the first time I've done that, and most of the other songs will have some form of synth solo. More rehearsals today.

This will be the fourth time I've performed at All Saints' ArtsFest, a small festival in the local church. My first contribution there marked my first performances of any sort, when I made a gong from brass and played part of The Love Symphony, in single notes on their ancient piano. So much has changed since.

The Marius album went live on Amazon today too. Might not have time to update my website with this news for a few days.