Friday, October 11, 2019

Programming and Performance

Updates to the games today, adding controller support, added a the 'cancel shot' feature that was in Future Snooker to Future Pool. I'm wondering if I should hold if launching Future Snooker until next year's snooker championships. Future Snooker is a better game than Future Pool, the latter is very simple in its rules and less strategic, but then isn't pool itself?

Now, preparing for tonight's Fall in Green performance. I have written a new, very dark, poem on the theme of War is Over called Pastoral. We plan to produce a new Fall in Green E.P. of those war poems next; Deb wrote quite a few poems for Mike Drew's war commemoration events which we performed at Knutsford and Congleton Libraries.

Have also ordered a new equipment bag to pack the amp in. These things can be expensive but I like equipment to be stored, dust free, in bags that can transport them to performances. How to organise equipment, cables etc. the best way is always something I think about. I think it makes the most sense to keep the appropriate cables with each piece of kit, all tied with garden cable ties (which tend to be longer than normal cable ties). When unpacked and plugged in, I try to wrap the cable ties around the cables anyway, to keep them attached to their parent cable.