Monday, October 14, 2019

Video Trailers

Working on the video trailers today for Future Snooker and Future Pool, and German translation, and the manuals. Here's an image from one of the video trailers:

If these games sell enough copies, only 20 or 30 should do, then it will be a signal to update my other games like Gunstorm 2, the first Flatspace game, or Taskforce.

Ah, Taskforce. I put 18 months work into that game and it sold less than 10 copies. It wasn't a bad game, although it could benefit from a few tweaks to the gameplay, which was slow and difficult for non-geniuses. What annoyed me most was the criticism of the graphics, which weren't that bad, but more importantly, irrelevant for a turn based strategy game. Do those people play chess and complain about the craftsmanship of the pieces? The relative failure of Taskforce compared to Flatspace confirmed with me that making money from games was a hopeless cause, perhaps because I made games more like I make art, for the joy of creation and puzzle solving, for personal expressive reasons, rather than thinking of what people might want from a commercial point of view. It's ironic that I would probably make far better games now that I'm an artist, compared to back then when I cared only about programming.