Tuesday, October 01, 2019

ArtSwarm Perfume Videos

A full day here, after a planned 3-day trip was cancelled due to bad weather. I finalised Take This Rose, and created a video for it. I'm very pleased with the tune, and for the first time, decided it was worthy of some sort of full release rather than a mere ArtSwarm video, so have made a shorter edit of the music for the show instead.

The video is satisfactory for a few hours work. I wanted a Gothic-type look, and simply mimed and played along for a bit, adding a bit of a variety in the editing. This tune is my first to feature a live guitar solo; not very well played, I'm a sheer novice at the instrument, but we get better by doing, not by practicing in hidden rooms. I also made a second video and simple poem for ArtSwarm.

I've been making these videos and music pieces for some time now, two years for ArtSwarm, and a similar length for the radio show, ArtsLab, and this has certainly been excellent training for making new music and videos. Active monitoring, self-critique and effort is needed to improve, but ArtSwarm, being a social vehicle, forces regular work, regular training. The two years is coming to an end now, there are just three shows left. I'm looking forward to ending it, freeing up the time to make new 'proper' work, and will keep working on the live events; that is my next training focus. Of course, anyone else can join in too.

I heard today that I've sold a painting, Premonition of War, at the Art Fair Cheshire, which was nice news. I always loved that painting and am pleased that someone else does too, and it's also a relief that I've helped the hospice and the fair. One other thing I did today was add my illustrations for The Burning Circus to my website, as well as work out my monthly goals. I'm unsure whether to work on some computer game conversions for Steam or not. The last two small games haven't yet made money (but might) and the work is soul destroying too, but I like the feeling of completeness of having games that are at least available for the latest PCs.

Tomorrow, I'll work on the performance plans for Saturday; two shows at the ArtsFest in All Saints' Church. One for Marius Fate and one for Fall in Green.