Saturday, October 12, 2019

From Music to Games

We had a good 2-hour music performance yesterday night at Tom's Tap. I had time to watch and comment on the new ArtSwarm: Perfume premiere while we waited to go on stage. A few friends came to support us, notably the poet Carol Finch who is such a supportive friend to us and the local poets. Carol is working on her new poetry collection at the moment.

Music aside, it is back to coding for me today and working on the graphical assets for Future Snooker and Future Pool. I've decided to release both to Steam. Steam has grown to be a saturated platform, and most games seem to sell nothing, or at least not recoup even the submission fee, but as I've said, these games would be unplayable any other way. Also, these two, along with the Gunstorm series, represent the paragon of my 20 years of game development. Steam is soon to trial a feature that allows two players to play games like this over the internet. This feature is perfect for these games (and Radioactive), and it is this new feature (which will enter beta on October 21st) that has persuaded me to finally list these games.

The coding is largely complete, but the graphical and promotional challenges are large. I might launch both games at once, or one every few months. Future Snooker is the better game so I will probably launch that first. Here are the logos: