Thursday, January 02, 2020

Rhino

Exhausted today after a full day working on a new video for Rhino. I had initially thought of making Oceanic from Animalia, along with Mice and Eagle Interceptor, I will limit myself to three videos per album, but with Rhino I always had clear images to accompany the music: flickery images of a rhinoceros at different angles, with the energy of a Len Lye animation, and I dedicate this video to him.

I also had a toy rhino (it looks rather realistic on my lawn, above). I've managed to edit a first draft of the video today, which included two segments of filming myself, one with lots of make-up and an outfit, although that hasn't made it into the final draft.

I'm full of energy and anxiety about these videos, excited, but exhausted when I have time to rest. In the past twelve days I've made music videos for Pioneer, The Lost Princess, The Crystal Garden, Eagle Interceptor, Snow, and Flat Space. Some very easy, some complex and taking several days. I've also made a felted mouse for Mice.

I feel on edge, that I need videos for The Spiral Staircase and Bites of Greatness in particular, and perhaps Cycles III too, but everything is hard work. I must move quickly so that I can make more music too, push, push. I must produce as much as I can while I can.