Friday, January 24, 2020

War and Clowns

A slow day yesterday, I awoke with a desire to just lie there and rest, which is most unusual. I didn't for long, my main jobs now are to work on War is Over and the Apocalypse of Clowns, the next two Fall in Green releases. A Crewe town performance has been roughly pencilled in for May but this is to be confirmed. I think it's connected to Creative Crewe, who I used to be part of, producing their On Track bulletin of local events for a year or two. Like many voluntary jobs, the workload tends to grow until it all becomes too much work for too little reward and in this case the antagonism from a certain member of the organisation made working with them too unpleasant. Generally though, it was a great team to work with, and I always got on well with Carol Wilkinson, the driving force behind Creative Crewe who has been a massive contributor to local arts in Crewe for decades, often working in obscurity and for little reward. Her shop, The Cubby Hole, was quite an arts hub and it was a sad day when she had to close it.

I managed to start the production work on Asylum Flowers, and later attended an inspiring meeting of local art related organisations and politicians. It was a very positive meeting, I felt that the group was capable and enthusiastic of any number of arts related activities. Carol was there, but I didn't get a chance to say hello.

Last night I woke at 3am with shivers and a throbbing pain in my right side, it appears to be a nerve or muscle pain originating in my back. A tension energy knot, like a bioquantum event. I feel it's the result of recent pressure.

Today, it's Flatspace launch day and I released the game, tested it, sent out my Cornutopia Software newsletter email, announced the game on Twitter and Facebook, and on the Steam community pages. I've also ordered the proof of my next poetry book, The Burning Circus, and I thought that it would be an interesting target to have a launch of something each month this year; this could include Burn of God, The Burning Circus, the two Fall in Green albums, a second Marius Fate album, or other books and games.

Onward.