Sunday, January 05, 2020

The Battle of Angels

I've had a slower couple of days. Spent Friday finalising the Rhino video, which only took a few tweaks, but these take time and were important.

I'd like to finish another video before moving back to music, primarily because good (although old) albums like The Spiral Staircase could do with at least one video, but the music is so abstract at time, or with complex imagery of dragons, castles, stairs, monsters, fire, wizards etc. that a video seems to be a difficult task. I've spent more than a day trying to work on The Battle of Angels and Cxthys but have hardly made progress. The key is generally to bash out anything and that, eventually, magic will happen, but it's difficult here because I have a few certain images in mind that I don't want to betray. There are moon-like elements, but I've used a lot of NASA footage before, and the album feels organic and not technological. At the same time, I have only limited access to ares to film, although, more footage is always the answer in these circumstances!

Perhaps a break would be better, back to music, I feel I started to videos because I had hit a wall with the Burn of God music. Perhaps it's time to hit back, or work on an easier video; two projects at once often helps. It's the 5th day of the year and I don't feel as productive as I should be.